So as you might have read yesterday our plane had “mechanical problems” and was late leaving Miami to come get us from Turks and Caicos. Unfortunately we didn’t find out about this delay until after checking into the airport which meant we were stuck waiting it out. We had about a 2 hr delay which was just enough for us to miss our connecting flight back into Cleveland. Sigh, kinda. As much as I was looking forward to coming home and sleeping in my own bed (AMIRIGHT?) I wasn’t really ready to end spending constant quality time with my hubby. As we were waiting in line to get re-ticketed, Mark must have been reading my mind because he asked if I wanted to stay in Miami a few extra nights. Um, yes please! An agent calls us over and hands us our new tickets: departure time 6am or something the next morning (Thursday). Mark asks the lady if we could possibly get a different flight home.. say for Sunday.
She looks confused as I’m sure most people who miss their connecting flights are trying to get the next possible flight and we are over here trying to delay it by a few days. I don’t know if we took her by enough surprise or what but she quickly says “Sure, how about 8 am on Sunday.” We figure we might as well push our luck here and ask if we can have a later flight. Again she says “Sure, how about 8 pm on Sunday.” We happily nod our heads and take our new tickets and grab a cab. We make some hotel reservations in the cab and we’re on our way to a suddenly, unexpected extension to our trip and the weather the next few days is nothing but sun, sun, SUN! Stay tuned for more Miami, FL fun!
p.s. we did not know it was memorial day weekend and what we were about to face in South Beach on a holiday weekend….